Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Fitness class reviews on TheHairpin.com + second line magic

That's my head. I can explain. 

Jam-packed fall weekends, y'all. That's what's up.

Mine started strong, with the posting of my first exercise class review for The Hairpin, a wonderful website geared toward ladies and people who like ladyish things. Flock to it. A while back, I did a series of fitness class reviews -- groaningly named (by me) Molly's Fitness Follies; got to have my head photoshopped in many embarrassing ways, the pic above being just one example -- for the New Orleans daily newspaper. Getting to take up that odd-duck beat once again, especially within the freer mores of the Internet, was quite a gas. Looking forward to doing more of them!

Lots of dancing this weekend, which is just as it should be. Happiness (and my all-time favorite not-really-a-workout workout): a big bumping second line, made all the more beautiful coming as it did through my neighborhood right after the Saints' win against the Panthers. Plus, the weather was sunny and bright enough to get me in that sun-blinded trance-dance state. Heavennnn.

Other weekend highlights:



- Drive-through carwash at midnight. This song, btw, is timed perfectly for a nighttime Chevron carwash. Try it.
- The best customer service phone call experience ever, in a grocery store food court on their land line. (Needed to move some money around; cellphone was dead.) It was like banking with The Dude. It may have changed my life.
- Barnyard-themed birthday hootenanny. Much interpretive dancing to Aaliyah.
- Pumpkin whoopie pies. Oh yes.
- A big shout-out to the makers of Alka-Seltzer. You saved me several times this weekend. 2 nights of partying + 9 hours sleep total = Sunday morning near-fail. Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is!

You and me, Weekend, we did good this time. We did real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment