Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

What I will be doing after work today



This baby finally arrived all the way from the Olympic Village today. Not really. Just from wherever Amazon.co.uk has their distribution center. It's got a stuuuuuuuupid name -- it's an offshoot of those NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC YA HEARD ME compilations -- but it looks tres fun and challenging. And, of course, it uses real tracks instead of muzak. I've been trying to research US/UK music licensing disparities to get to the bottom of why American workout videos never seem to have real music, and why it's pretty common in most of the UK titles I've come across. Investigative reportage! We'll see how that goes.

(As usual, this DVD is coded for a different "region" than American DVDs or laptops will automatically allow. Most laptops allow you to switch regions up to 5 times. I'm playing all my UK vids on an old laptop on which I permanently switched regions. If you want this DVD and you're in America, look into options for working with region compatibility.)


No comments:

Post a Comment